Katie's Mobile Therapy
Massage and facials in the comfort of your home
Benefits of a Facial
Facials are ideal once a month unless you have a specific skin concern you are trying to overcome then you may need to come in for a series of treatments. The reason behind getting monthly facials is that your stratum corneum, the outermost layer of visible skin will completely renew itself approximately every 28 days. In this time your skin cells are constantly being replicated from the treated cells to replace the old cells. If you give your skin a head start with a facial your skin cells will begin to replicate the now healthier cells and thus give you a better complexion. Also, most skin products can take up to 6-8 weeks to start to treat active skin cells, but by speeding up the renewal process with a facial you can make these products work faster and more effectively.
1) Facials allow you to relax. They feel great and are healing to the soul. The power of touch, massage, proper technique, and professional products can heal.
2) Facials increase circulation of the blood under the skin allowing the skin optimal health to facilitate the renewal skin cells.
3) Facials decrease waste underneath the skin that can cause puffiness, ruddiness, and fluid accumulation by manipulating the lymphatic system that lies just under the skin. Facials also aids in detoxification.
4) A good facial and facial massage can help smooth fine lines and promote collagen production, which is the building block of the skin (to prevent premature aging, wrinkles, and sagging).
5) A facial will cleanse the pores on a much deeper level. Similar to a good dental cleaning, this is what a facial can do for the skin/pores. Even non-acneic skin can use a good deep cleanse. Extractions/cleaning out the pores can help to maintain clear skin, stop acne formation, as well as can help to change the pore’s size. Often times left unchecked, pores can start to stretch and widen with the accumulation of oil and debris.
6) Facials provide deeper exfoliation than you can achieve at home. Exfoliation smoothes skin, allows for great penetration of products such as moisturizers or serums, unclogs pores, improves skin ability to retain hydration, and evens skin tone to just name a few benefits.
7) Allows a professionally trained esthetician to counsel you on the proper products you should be using at home. This alone is worth the investment as the skincare industry can be a difficult and expensive area to navigate.
8) Can help even skin tone and lighten dark spots. Dark spots age our skins’ appearance visibly.
I'm a paragraph. Click once to begin entering your own content. You can change my font, size, line height, colour and more by highlighting part of me and selecting the options from the toolbar.
10) Facials are not a miracle in an hour but they do give you a fresh start to a healthier and balanced complexion. Regular facials will help you maintain optimal skin health.